Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Cabin

After the wedding we had the opportunity to go and stay at a cabin that my parents friends own. It was near Sandpoint, Idaho at a little ski resort called Schwietzer (sp?). It was the most gorgeous place, and the cabin wasn't bad either! It was the perfect grandparents cabin. There were tons of movies, puzzles, games, the best part for the kids and cause for most fights was the rope swing in the family room! Not kidding, there was this huge log beam across the family room and they had this little swing to tie around the beam, it was so fun! The cabin was amazing complete with a player piano downstairs, two story family room ceilings (which were great for the thunder and lightening storm we had!), beds and for 15 if not more, a waterfall on the side of the cabin, we left the windows open all day to listen to the water run down the mountain, and hot tub on the porch! It was so fun and we were so lucky to visit that beautiful place and hope we can go again before my parents are done with their mission. That picture above is my dad and Olivia snuggling on the couch.
Matthew on the rope swing.
Enjoying the hot tub, it actually started to sprinkle a little bit while we were out there, but we didn't care. It was pretty cold out but the hot tub was really warm so we didn't mind, being surrounded by the fog was neat too! We felt like gorillas in the mist!
This was down in the basement where the player piano was, we found a bunch of Disney songs on the piano and the kids had a blast dancing
A picture of Maddie and I, yay! It isn't the best but I will take what I can get! I forgot to post about the bear cub that my dad and I saw on the side of the rode about a half mile down from the cabin. We were coming home from an early morning run to Wal Mart, when we came around one of the switchbacks, there it was just eating some grass on the side of the rode. We watched it for a while, it was pretty neat, but kind of scary that the bears were so close to where we were. Good thing we didn't take the kids on a morning hike like we had planned!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow what a neat cabin! I want to go there! I have been snowboarding there...Its so beautiful. I wish it wasnt such a long drive from Boise. Enjoy the rest of your summer break!
sheri

erin said...

It looks like San Francisco summer weather. I miss it. (weird huh?)
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.

Katie said...

looks like fun! i am waiting for hawaii pics!!! :) see you soon.

Christina said...

That place looks really cool. I'm glad you had a fun time. See you when you get back!

Bethany said...

That's so fun that you got to spend some good time with your parents. I bet they loved every second with your cute girls.