Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Swimming and Fire Alarms

My sweet parents put Mel and I and the kids up in a hotel so the Mission home didn't get too crowded with all of the kids and grandkids, and Jess could have a little space before the Wedding. We stayed in connecting rooms at the Best Western. We got in pretty late from the airport and the kids were pretty wired. I turned on the t.v. to help Maddie to fall asleep and help me to stay awake. She was all over the place, she couldn't fall asleep forever because she wanted to lay in my bed, and she was rolling all over trying to get comfortable. It was two in the morning when I realized I had dozed off and Maddie was asleep, but the t.v. was still on. I think we fell asleep sometime around 1:30. To continue this wonderful evening Olivia decided she was ready to get up at 5:00! So I slept for about three hours, with Maddie in my bed rolling all over me trying to snuggle etc. I fed Olivia and hoped she would go back to sleep like she usually does. She opted out of that idea...at 7:00 I called my mom to see if we had a car at the hotel that I could drive the girls around in and maybe Olivia would fall back to sleep. Well we didn't, but my dad said he wanted to come over. I was talking to my dad and telling him that he didn't need to come when I heard a loud buzzing in the hallway. I told my dad to hang on, and I thought there was a fire alarm going off. We laughed for a second --wouldn't that be perfect?! Well, it was a fire Alarm!!! (Not to mention that the night before when I was putting Olivia in her pack n play I wanted to put it next to the door, it was the darkest spot in the room - I had this thought that if there was some reason I needed to leave quickly I wouldn't want to have that pack n play blocking the door!) So I waited in the hallway with some other people, I knocked on Mel's door to tell her what was going on and she said her kids were still asleep and she wasn't coming out. The hotel staff then came charging down the hall banging on everyones doors telling us to get out. I started to panic and started banging on Mel's door with the staff member. Mel woke her three sleeping kids and we all shlupped(sp?) down stairs only to be told it was a false alarm and to go back inside!!!! We were so mad!!! My poor pregnant sister had to wake her sleeping kids! We decided to stay up and eat the free breakfast, and then our dad came in to rescue us and come swimming with the kids! We love grandpa, it is so nice to have my dad help us when our husbands aren't there! Sorry for the long story, this is my journal too! The hotel had a really nice indoor pool with big windows all around. It was so nice to not have to worry about sunscreen or anything. The hotel also had these nice floaters for the kids to sit in. After all of our troubles with Best Western that morning we now loved them again! This picture is Maddie and Brenley my brother Ryan's girl.
Wendy, Thane, Brenley and Matthew.
Brenley's cheeser face! She has the cutest little grin, it kills me every time.
Sweet little Ryan.

No comments: