Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun

A couple of weeks ago we met up with a couple of friends down at the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building downtown. Our friends took the ferry over, and so trying to be adventurous and not wanting to worry about parking we decided to take the bus! I had my very first San Francisco bus ride! It was the girls first time too, obviously, and they actually really liked it. There were definately sights, sounds and smells to be remembered for a lifetime! The Farmer's Market was a blast and the food was amazing, we hope to go back soon!
Maddie was holding on so tight! It's a good thing too because a crowded bus stopping and going pretty quickly can definately get you moving...even when you're scared to touch your surroundings!!!
She did it!!! It has taken probably six months but Maddie can finally pedal her bike on her own! We are so proud of our baby girl. We probably should have practiced more often, but she did it! She loves to ride tricycles and has been able to jump on and do that for quite some time without getting "stuck", but for some reason her little bike had given her (well us) a lot of grief. If we got her started she could keep up the momentum, but if she slowed she would get stuck. So with a few hard practices she rode her bike all by herself to the park by our house! Dan and Ashley were there too, and we were all so proud of Maddie.
And we went to the Zoo! I think this is the last time that I will come on a free day...it was a little bit scary and they weren't even running the train! So, I guess this is the only picture I took of the exciting event, I think I was too scared by the crowd we were surrounded by to be getting in and out of my purse too often! Never a dull moment here in this city!

6 comments:

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

YAY!! I love the new pics! Your girls are getting so big! and it looks like you guys are haivng so much fun in San Fran!

Jen said...

Way to go Maddie!!! I love the Ferry Building, although it is quite the overwhelming place (at least for me)!

Katie said...

so cute! we rode the bus once, i think that will be the last time! :)

whitney said...

did the sheep slash goat thing try to eat olivia's pony tail? they will eat anything. it looks like you are THE mom in san fran. taking your girls everywhere and showing them a great time around the city. they better know how lucky they are! :) by the way, i LOVE the ferry building. there is this little shop in there with AMAZING caramels and cake stands. i go there everytime i am in san fran. we need to go there together someday.

Jen said...

Good job on your first bus ride. You even lived through it and good job to Maddie on learning how to pedal. Your girlies are so cute.

Christina said...

YAY for Maddie! That's great that she can ride her bike! Hudson loves riding the bus too, but he's only done it twice...that's enough for me. I also agree about the zoo on free days. I think I've had enough!