Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Palace of Fine Arts

I have lived here for almost two years and had never been to the Palace of Fine Arts. It is so beautiful, and so peaceful, I don't know why we had never been there before. My favorite part was walking around the little pond. Sandee and I walked down there and let the kids feed the ducks. They were in heaven! Maddie liked to break each slice of bread into little bite sized pieces, Brock preferred to feed the ducks by the slice! It is so funny because Maddie really eats like that too, little, itty, bitty, bites one at a time.

Brock just checking out the water...later Maddie got herself soaked playing in a puddle. Brock got wet too, playing in the sprinkers. It was such a chilly morning those poor kids were freezing by the time we made it back to the car!
Maddie had an entire flock of birds and ducks surrounding her, she loved every second of it! It kind of reminds me of the bird woman from Mary Poppins..."feed the birds, tuppins (sp) a bag, tuppins, tuppins, tuppins a bag"...The last thing we need is a crazy little bird lady!
This picture is too funny! Maddie was such a good little mommy to the birds and ducks, they would follow her anywhere. I think they knew slowly but surely she would keep feeding them! Maddie just loves animals, I think for some kids it is just in their little hearts to not be afraid, and to love animals. Someday we can't wait to get her a little puppy!

1 comment:

THE MEYERS said...

I love all of the new pictures you posted!! I seriously check your blog for new pictures everyday, so yesterday, needless to say, was a great day for me. So many new screen savers! Is that scary that Jared and I use your family pictures for our screen savers? The girls are just so sweet! I want to go to a Giants game when we go out there. How did Maddie get all of that innate motherly nurturing?? I think Lobo misses her nurturing. :)