Sunday, April 13, 2008

Islands

Every Christmas Eve Matt's family goes to this restaurant Islands for dinner. Before we go we usually doorbell ditch little gifts and chocolates to people who might need a little Christmas cheer. This is a picture of Matt's dad, Amy and her husband Jared, and Matt's brother John, waiting for our yummy food!

Olivia waiting for some cheesy fries.
Matt, me, Matt's mom, Matt's sister Ashley, and Maddie.
Another picture of Amy, Jared and John.
We love the traditions we share with the Carpenter's and look forward to them every year. This year was especially fun because instead of doing lot's of doorbell ditching we knew of one family who could use a little boost. I was able to go with Matt's dad on Christmas eve morning at about 6:45 to do some of the shopping, and it was really great. It felt like I was on a game show, I was shopping for two kids and just kept filling my cart! I loved it! We doorbell ditched the stuff that night and then headed out to dinner. It always feels so good to help those around us, Matt and I felt really blessed to be a part of this little adventure with his family.

6 comments:

lisset said...

how i miss islands! that sounds like such a fun tradition. and cute pictures!!

whitney said...

AHHHH ISLANDS. :) that brings me back to some good memories in san diego.:) what a cute tradition. come visit.

diane said...

That 's my kind of Christmas Eve dinner!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Aren't traditions so fun? That has been something that I love about starting my own family...getting to decide what new traditions we will make! Except I still refuse to let Aaron open a present on Christmas Eve-ha.

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Love these pictures-what a fun Christmas tradition!

Jenny said...

Olivia looks very anxious for those fries. I don't blame her... they sound yummy! :) Your kids are so darling!!!