Sunday, December 14, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go...


In March I took the girls for a much needed visit to Spokane to visit my parents and sister Alisha. It was right before Maddie's fourth birthday so we got to have a little par-tay for her while we were there. It is always so fun to go visit my parents and be in the Mission home with them. While we were at the airport I had fun taking a few pictures of the girls. We had quite the adventure too, there were about 15 or 20 people on our flight and they boarded us all (we were flying Southwest and they stopped doing the mothers and children pre-boarding so it was really fun to try and corral the girls and keep them from running onto the plane while we waited in the C boarding group and did I mention there were only like 15 or 20 people total on the flight!! Did we really need to separate into boarding groups A, B, and C???)then 20 minutes later made us all get off the plane while they switched our plane for a different one. I love how digital cameras can keep kids entertained. They love to see the pictures of themselves...and thank goodness, because this has saved me on more than one occasion.

Olivia in Maddie's giant Valentine's Day glasses.

Finally on the plane! And after only an hour and three completely rude Southwest employee encounters later!!! I was able to get flight vouchers for me and Maddie, thank you Southwest! I love your inexpensive flights but sometimes your customer service just isn't worth the savings.

Maddie loves to get her Southwest wings, and for some reason always thinks they are for a mustache. I don't even think she knows anyone with a mustache, so I have no clue where she got this from. Her grandpa Carpenter used to have one but that's been gone for years. I always get a good laugh when she puts the wings on!

I wish this picture had better light, but you get the idea. Her expression is priceless, she is so silly!

No comments: